Sustainable Development Issues and Readings
- Background Data
- Sustainable development Fundamentals
- Choosing a development strategy
- Mainstreaming gender equity
- Establishing an impartial and independent criminal justice system
- Implementing sustainable development summits' recommendations s
- Implementing the human rights instruments
- Achieving the millenium development goals
- Protecting environment
- Implementing tranparent and participatory governance
- Closing the digital divide
- Resolving Ethnic Conflicts
- Promoting localism not globalism
1.Sustainable Development Fundamentals
- IISD. "What is Sustainable Development? Environmental, economic and social well-being for today and tomorrow"
- "Development Goals, an introduction"
- Rober Kates et al.
"What Is Sustainable Development? Goals, Indicators, Values, and Practice"
- IIASA. "Sustainable Rural Development (SRD) Definition of Sustainability"
- "Measurement of sustainable development"
- OAG. "Performance Measurement for Sustainable Development Strategies"
- Darrel Moellendorf. "The Right to Sustainable Development (video)"
- OECD. "Sustainable development: Critical issues"
- Daniel Lafleche. "Sustainable Development: What Does it Mean and Who Wants to Tell You?"
- Jonathan Harris. "Basic Principles of Sustainable Development"
- Cody Sisco. "Software Accelerates Sustainable Development"
- Louis Cantori. "Islam's Potential for Development"
- Jack Goldstone. "Islam, Development, and the Middle East: A Comment on Timur Kuran"
- 'Atiyya Saqr. "Islam and Development"
- Charles Corey. "Africa's Economic Development Potential Huge, Economist Says"
- Peter K. Nyikuli. "Unlocking Africa's Potential: Some Factors Affecting Economic Development and Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa"
- Katrin Kuhlmann. "Africa’s Development Corridors as Pathways to Agricultural Development, Regional Economic Integration and Food Security in Africa
- Claire Furphy. "The Clean Development Mechanism in Africa: Potential for Environmental, Economic and Social Benefits"
- David Mepham. Putting Development to Rights: Integrating Rights into a Post-2015 Agenda
- UN. "Declaration on the Right to Development Adopted by General Assembly (4 December 1986)"
- ODI. "The Right to Development: A Review of the Current State of the Development"
- Stephen Marks. "The Human Right to Development: Between Rhetoric and Reality"
- UNESCO. "The Right to Education"
- UNU. "Education for Sustainable Development in Africa (ESDA)- Issues"
- "Ethiopia’s Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction Programme"
- László Pintér. "Measuring Progress Towards Sustainable Development Goals "
- László Pintér, Peter Hardi. "Sustainable Development Indicators: Proposals for a Way Forward "
- UNECA. "Sustainable Development Report on Africa III"
2. Choosing a Development Strategy
3. Mainstreaming Gender Equity
4. Establishing an Impartial and Independent Criminal Justice System
- Basic Principles on the Role of Lawyers
- Independence of Judiciary. Special Rapporteur on the Independence of Judges and Lawyers
- An Independent Judiciary: The Core of the Rule of Law
- Jeff Alworth. What is Independent Judiciary?
- The Constitution Project: An Independent Judiciary
- Basic Principles on the Independence of the Judiciary
- Independence of the Judiciary: A Human Rights Priority
- USAID. Guidance for Promoting Judicial
Independence and ImpartialityY
- African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights, Principles and Guidelines on the Right to a Fair Trial and Legal Assistance in Africa,
- Code of Conduct for Law Enforcement Officials,
- Independence and Impartiality of Judges, Prosecutors and Lawyers
- UNCJIN. Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners
- UNCJIN. The Role of the Police
- Michbar. "Access to Justice-The Judge's Role"
- Human Rights in the Administration of Justice: A Manual on Human Rights for Judges, Prosecutors amd Lawyers
- "Impartiality of the judiciary"
- OHCHR. "Basic Principles on the Independence of the Judiciary"
- OHCHR. "Independence and Impartiality of Judges, Prosecutors and Lawyers."
- Justice at Stake. "Why Fair, Impartial Courts Matter"
- D.M Cooray. "An Independent Judiciary"
"Promoting Judicial Reform in Developing Countries: The Challenge"
- R.Urbina. "A Judge’s Role"
"The Role of Judges in a Government of, by, and for the People"
- S.Carbon. "The Role of Judges in Enforcing Full Faith and Credit"
- "Role of Prosecutors"
- R.Flowers. "The Role of the Defense Attorney: Not Just an Advocate"
- B. Pollack. "A Defense Lawyer's Role"
- UN. "The Role Of The Police"
- INECE. "Role of Police"
- UNODC. "Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners"
- NIC. "Women In Prison: A Commentary on the UN Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners"
- UN. "Treatment of Prisoners, Child Protection, Violence against Women, Migrants"
5. Implementing Sustainable Development Summits' recommendations
6. Implementing the Human Rights Instruments
7. Achieving the Millenium Development Goals
8. Protecting Environment
9. Implementing Tranparent and Inclusive governance
10. Closing the Digital Divide
11. Resolving Ethnic Conflicts
12. Promoting localism not globalism
Check also Sustainable development papers (1996-2000)